How would you design a school to best educate the young people in your community?
What additional options are needed to ensure that we’re not providing only ONE type of education for a diverse array of learners?
Charter public schools offer the opportunity for educators and community leaders to break the mold and re-imagine school in order to provide public school options that effectively serve children’s diverse learning styles, strengths and needs.
Join us for the free Fall Charter Startup Workshop to explore how you can bring change to education in your community through the creation of a charter public school. In this interactive workshop, we will:
- Share examples of innovative Illinois charter schools,
- Help you clarify your vision and mission and identify desired outcomes for a potential charter school,
- Walk you through the charter design and authorization process, and
- Provide information on startup funding – including the $21 million federal charter startup grant administered by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
Participants will receive a hard copy of Paving a New Path: A Guidebook for Illinois Charter Public School Development while supplies last.
9:30-9:45 AM – Networking and Refreshments
9:45 AM-12:00 PM – Charter Startup Workshop
- What are Charter Public Schools?
- Examples of Innovation: Profiles of Innovative Illinois Charter Schools
- Creating Impact: Vision, Mission and Outcomes
- Step by Step: Charter Design and Authorization Roadmap
- How Do We Fund It? Startup Grants from Illinois State Board of Education and other startup funding options
12:00-12:30 PM – Optional Tour of Moving Everest Charter School, a Chicago charter school with a focus on holistic education and the development of strong character.
Attire: Casual or Business Casual (whichever is more comfortable for you)
Questions? Please contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.