The 2018 Illinois Charter Schools Conference will bring together educators from the 142 charter schools across the state. The Illinois Network of Charter Schools invites school leaders, teachers, parents, students, charter advocates, community leaders, non-profit leaders and vendors to present at a break-out session at the conference. The intent of charter schools is to innovate and share best practices among educators, so please consider submitting a short proposal to present at the conference on November 15, 2018. INCS will evaluate applications based on criteria outlined in the guidelines.
Request for Application to Present Timeline
May 30: Request for Applications to Present released
July 20: Request for Applications to Present due
August 10 – 17: Applicants will be notified of decisions
September 5: Selected sessions will be posted on www.incschools.org
September 11 or September 17: Mandatory information call with selected presenters
November 15: 2018 Illinois Charter Schools Conference
The conference will have five strands or subject areas where sessions will be clusters.
- Character Development: Leadership, social emotional learning, discipline, internships, electives
- Teaching and Learning: Teacher leadership, reading/math strategies, teacher evaluations, serving diverse learners/special education, incorporating technology in the classroom
- Policy: Board governance, Illinois politics, school funding
- Community Engagement and Advocacy: Parent engagement & support, organizing, roadblocks to expansion, telling your school’s story
- Operations: Communications, diversity equity & inclusion, facilities: operations, financing, and planning, staff appreciation
Please read this PDF with additional information on proposal requirements.
Interested in Applying?
Click here to submit your application.