• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
• Hold a current Illinois Educator License
• Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience required; upper elementary school background preferred
• Able to work collaboratively with colleagues (potential co-teacher), grade level team, and deans
• Experience FOSS, Mystery Science, Elevate or a comparable inquiry-based NGSS-aligned curriculum that emphasizes science and engineering practices, crosscutting concepts, and disciplinary core ideas.
• Experience developing and modifying long-term plans, units and assessments (NGSS, NWEA, etc.) using cross-curricular data
• Experience planning and executing small group guided reading at the elementary school level.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Interest in collaborating with colleagues across content and grade levels (2nd-5th)
• Ability to reflect on own practice to improve instruction for all scholars
• Interest in working with a diverse student body
• Sense of personal responsibility for managing scholar behavior within a positive behavior intervention support (PBIS) approach
• Experience providing a differentiated instructional approach, both in small and whole group lessons
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, including strong communication and organizational skills
• Dedication to engaging families in educational advocacy for their scholars
• Willingness to be flexible and perform other related duties as required and assigned