School Description: Rowe Elementary School, operated by Northwestern University Settlement, prepares students to succeed in and graduate from college by cultivating the desire and expectation to go to college and delivering an academically rigorous curriculum infused with unique social and emotional programming.
Our Mission & Vision: We best serve our students and their families by instilling in them the college mindset — holistically preparing them to successfully navigate the road to college graduation. We believe that our community is full of brilliant young people who, when provided an excellent education, are able to compete at colleges across the country.
Job Description: Rowe Elementary is looking for dedicated staff members to be a part of our Rowe family. Applicants will be selected based on alignment to our mission and vision, relevant experience, and demonstration of potential to yield excellent educational outcomes for scholars.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate our core values…
We Put The WE In WErk: Team werk is a selfless commitment to collaboration among the Rowe family. Together, we werk to seek solutions and we trust that our team’s intentions are in the best interest of our scholars.
Reflection in Action: Our awareness of our strengths, biases, and areas of growth compels us to critically reflect and intentionally respond to continuously improve our practice in service of our Rowe family.
pROWEfessional: Our professional community is built on thoughtful communication and a solutions-oriented mindset. We strengthen the professionalism of our community by holding ourselves and our Rowe family to high expectations.
Can’t Stop Won’t Stop: Our passion for disrupting generational poverty drives our collective responsibility as a Rowe family. We relentlessly leverage every resource to ensure the success of our scholars.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
• Hold a current Illinois Educator License
• Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience required; elementary background preferred
• Able to work collaboratively with colleagues, in particular, a co-teacher, grade level team, and coaches
• Able to productively manage a safe, productive, and joyful learning environment
• Experience with Eureka, EngageNY, or equivalent CCSS-aligned curriculum
• Experience with various assessments, NWEA and ANET preferred
• Experience analyzing data and reflecting upon practice to improve student outcomes
Compensation: We offer a generous compensation package which includes base salary and comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.