- Location : Rowe Elementary School
- Position title : 5th Grade- Special Education Inclusion Teacher
- Contact : Christine McCracken
- Phone : 773-435-5893
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : roweelementaryschool.com
5th Grade Inclusion- Special Education Teacher
School Description: Rowe Elementary School, operated by Northwestern University Settlement, prepares students to succeed in and graduate from college by cultivating the desire and expectation to go to college and delivering an academically rigorous curriculum infused with unique social and emotional programming.
Our Mission & Vision: We best serve our students and their families by instilling in them the college mindset — holistically preparing them to successfully navigate the road to college graduation. We believe that our community is full of brilliant young people who, when provided an excellent education, are able to compete at colleges across the country.
Job Description: Rowe Elementary is looking for dedicated staff members to be a part of the 2018-2019 school year. Applicants will be selected based on alignment to our mission and vision, relevant experience, and demonstration of potential to yield excellent educational outcomes for scholars.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate our core values…
We Put The WE In WErk Reflection in Action pROWEfessional Can’t Stop Won’t Stop
Team werk is a selfless commitment to collaboration among the Rowe family. Together, we werk to seek solutions and we trust that our team’s intentions are in the best interest of our scholars. Our awareness of our strengths, biases, and areas of growth compels us to critically reflect and intentionally respond to continuously improve our practice in service of our Rowe family. Our professional community is built on thoughtful communication and a solutions-oriented mindset. We strengthen the professionalism of our community by holding ourselves and our Rowe family to high expectations. Our passion for disrupting generational poverty drives our collective responsibility as a Rowe family. We relentlessly leverage every resource to ensure the success of our scholars.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in education, Master’s degree preferred
• Hold a current Illinois Educator License; LBS1 required
• Minimum of 2-3 years teaching experience required
• Designs and implements instructional lessons that are targeted to meet the academic needs of students with exceptional needs and meet their annual IEP goals and quarterly benchmarks
• Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where all students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences and the optimum learning styles of students with exceptional needs are targeted
• Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the scholars with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and exceptional needs
• Directly supports and teaches caseload scholars as required by their IEP
• Provides instruction in any and all settings, as assigned, i.e. in Learning Resource Classroom or in a collaborative co-taught inclusion setting
• Provides support and collaborates with general education teachers as necessary, specialized services clinicians, and all other staff members to ensure all scholars receive necessary supports and services
• Works with classroom teams and Director of Special Education to ensure Special Education compliance is always up-to-date and instructional expectations are being met
• Uses a data-driven approach to modify/adapt instructional plans in order to maximize student learning, including monitoring the academic progress of students with exceptional needs and for coordinating programs and related support services to ensure academic and behavioral success
• Monitors/tracks individualized student goals and assumes responsibility for meeting individualized student goals, his/her classroom goals and school-wide student performance goals and continuously demonstrates gains in student academic performance
• Collaborates with the Director of Special Education to facilitate and executes training and presentations on meeting the needs of students with exceptional needs
• Works diligently to identify progress and gaps in scholar academic performance and can modify instructional plans accordingly
• Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures of academic and behavioral outcomes
• Provides professional opportunities for teachers, both internal and external, to ensure that they are adequately prepared to work with scholars with IEPs
• Works with classroom teaching teams to write quality IEPs that include current instructional data as well as meaningful goals that will help scholars achieve in and outside of the classroom
Compensation: We offer a generous compensation package which includes base salary and comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.