The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is a non-profit Chicago public charter school, located on the Southwest side. Our mission is to develop mindful leaders who take action, now and in the future, to positively impact their communities and the world beyond. Our innovative and holistic approach aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates future generations. AGC values:
– Serving the Whole Child
– Modeling Academic Excellence
– Developing Inquirers
– Cultivating International Awareness
– Fostering Environmental Stewardship
– Facilitating Collaboration Within the Community
AGC is an internationally recognized laboratory of innovation in education, with a Dual Language model, an International Baccalaureate MYP and PYP program, and a progressive approach to multi-stakeholder collaboration.
Part-Time Alumni Coordinator
The Academy for Global Citizenship (AGC) is seeking an Alumni Coordinator who will be responsible for developing and building relationships with AGC’s middle school students, teachers and families with a focus on supporting their application processes and transition to high school. The Alumni Coordinator will also engage and support alumni students, manage alumni events and communications, and establish and maintain an alumni data management system.
The Alumni Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
– Serves as the primary liaison for AGC middle school students and families as it relates to their high school application process and overall transition to high school. Builds relationships with AGC students, families and teachers to support this process.
– Maintains relationships and communications with high school admissions officers; arranges visit days for AGC students and school representatives to speak at AGC.
– Manages the Chicago Public Schools application processes and communications; ensures families and students receive up-to-date information and instructions.
– Communicates key timelines and steps to families through hosting meetings, sending weekly updates during application season, and regularly meeting with students and families to individualize and support their process.
– Coordinates and prepares recommendation letters for students’ scholarship, high school and other related applications.
– Establishes and maintains an alumni tracking database. Gathers and inputs information and ensure information is kept up-to-date.
– Tracks key measures identified by the AGC team regarding alumni academic outcomes, activities, high school matriculation and completion, college admissions and graduation, and anecdotal data relevant to AGC’s mission.
– Maintains consistent communication with all AGC alumni through various channels, including but not limited to:
*Annual 1:1 or small-group coffee meetings with each student.
*Monthly social meet-ups.
*Consistent social media engagement.
– Plans relevant and engaging events to support alumni students. Examples could include:
* Activism: how to create change in your high school
* Global Citizenship: opportunities for continuing your global education
* Sustainability: discussions and speakers to maintain students’ interest and environmental knowledge
* Events could also include AGC alumni as guest speakers to share with other students (i.e. high school seniors leading a roundtable discussion with 9th graders)
– Regularly communicates opportunities for alumni to attend AGC events, for example:
* Planning a special alumni gathering after AGC’s annual student Exhibition
* Inviting alumni to a school-wide Earth Day event
* Planning a special alumni event related to the groundbreaking or ribbon cutting of AGC’s new campus
– Oversees volunteer management for high school service hours and identifies opportunities for alumni volunteerism at AGC (i.e. in the schoolyard garden or future farm).
– Identifies pathways for encouraging AGC students to consider future career pathways at AGC.
– Communicates employment opportunities and cultivates alumni engagement (i.e. Summer Camp, AGC’s future farm and healthy café).
– Develops a partnership with AmeriCorps that enables AGC to serve as a host site, allowing alumni to serve at AGC.
– Hosts alumni-related tours and cultivates prospective funding relationships with alumni and their networks.
– Identifies and maintains partnerships with organizations to support AGC students in high school, through their college admissions process and into college.
– Identifies and communicates scholarship and other types of mission related opportunities (i.e. travel grants) to alumni.
– Collaborates with AGC’s High School Coordinator to support the high school admissions process.
Required Skills and Experience:
– 2+ years of relevant experience
– Bilingual in English and Spanish
– Excellent communication skills and follow through
– Strong attention to detail and personal drive
– Innovative and critical thinker
– Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Working at AGC means:
– Being surrounded by thoughtful, inquisitive students and hard-working, like-minded colleagues
– Promoting student profile qualities of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP): inquirers, thinkers, communicators, risk-takers, knowledgeable, principled, caring, open-minded, well-balanced, and reflective
– Getting your hands dirty in our garden, eating fresh honey from our beehives and greeting our schoolyard chickens
– Enjoying 100% organic, scratch-made meals prepared by our on-site chef
– Working in an environmentally sustainable school culture
Competitive salary based on experience and level of education. Perks include free organic breakfast and lunch.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter addressing your interest in the position, an overview of your experience and alignment with the mission of the Academy for Global Citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.