ReGeneration, founded in 2016, is a nationally ranked charter program with seven charter schools located in Illinois and Ohio. ReGeneration serves over 1800 students of whom 99% are minority and 86% are low income. U.S. News and World Report’s 2021 School Ranking listed all ReGeneration elementary schools among the top ten charter elementary schools in Illinois. ReGeneration expanded to Ohio in 2019, opening its Bond Hill campus. The network is adding two more campuses in Cincinnati, Ohio effective July 2023.
The newly created position of Chief Financial Officer will be an essential member of the executive leadership team and will help build the financial capacity of the enterprise. ReGeneration has worked with an entirely outsourced financial team for the past 3 years and has made the decision to reduce its dependency on outside expertise by building an internal finance team. The new CFO will be expected to build the financial team including determining the structure of the team and handling recruiting and hiring of personnel with the support of the ReGeneration Talent team. Throughout the transition, the CFO will be expected to manage ReGeneration’s outsourced financial partners and deliver accurate and timely financial reporting to meet the needs of management, the board of directors, investors, and local authorizers.
Serve as a financial advisor to the CEO, the executive team, and the board of directors providing the financial analysis and planning to support ReGeneration’s short and long-term strategic goals.
● Provide leadership with regular financial analysis and updates to facilitate informed decisions.
● Maintain and regularly update ReGeneration’s long-term financial model.
● Develop, monitor, and communicate business performance metrics.
● Provide the board of directors with reporting on the state of the business including performance against budget, cash flow, and projected year-end financial performance.
● Respond to reporting requirements from ReGen partners including donors, authorizers, and lenders.
Design and manage ReGeneration’s financial management team, its financial policies and its accounting procedures.
● Direct all accounting functions including managing the outside financial service providers engaged for both Chicago and Ohio, and other relevant vendor contracts.
● Build and manage a finance team including determining the team structure and supporting recruiting efforts.
● Manage the budget process including working with leadership to understand year-over-year changes, managing outside financial staff on providing detailed projections, and submitting the budgets for approval to the board and authorizer.
● Help build sound financial policies including procurement, a budget and spending approval matrix, and credit card policies.
Ensure ReGeneration’s financial health through timely and accurate reporting.
● Manage the outside financial service providers and the timely consolidation of all financial data.
● Coordinate the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
● Prepare all board reporting materials and support the work of the Finance and Audit Committee.
● Manage the timely submission of compliance documents to the district and state.
● Support the network and campus audits and 990 filings.
● Exceptional ability to design and manage effective financial systems.
● Experience managing both direct and indirect staff.
● Experience in assessing and managing outside vendors.
● Strong analytical skills and a high standard for quality output
● Capacity to manage and communicate financial performance metrics to non-financial audiences.
● Highly organized with the ability to manage rapidly changing deadlines and demands.
● Independent and proactive problem solver
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Finance or accounting major or related experience required.
● 7-10 years of fiscal management experience.
● Experience managing multiple entities with intercompany transactions.
● Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
● Experience with Sage Intacct or comparable accounting software, a plus
● Non-profit and education experience preferred.
● Start-up experience is a plus.
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, origin, or disability.