The Illinois Network of Charter Schools (INCS) advocates for the improvement of public education by leveraging the charter school model as a catalyst to transform lives and communities. INCS works to ensure that charter public schools have adequate and equitable resources, the autonomy to find innovative approaches to meet student needs, and a fair and transparent policy landscape that allows high-quality options to thrive. As the voice of Illinois charter schools, INCS engages a diverse coalition of policy-makers, school leaders, parents, and community members to create systemic change and secure high-quality schools for under-served communities.
INCS makes its impact through several program teams: Government Affairs, Charter Growth and Support, Data and Policy, and Communications. The organization is based in Chicago, where the majority of Illinois’ charter schools are located.
INCS seeks a college intern to support the communications needs of the organization. The intern will work between 10 to 20 hours a week and will report to Kasia Kalata, External Affairs Manager.
- Manage INCS’ Facebook and Twitter pages by drafting and posting timely content and interacting with partner organizations and the public when appropriate
- Assist with updates to the INCS website
- Monitor and gather daily education news clips, both locally and nationally, that affect INCS, public charter schools, and school districts across Illinois, including Chicago Public Schools (CPS)
- Develop and gather content for INCS monthly newsletter
- Assist with drafting press releases, letters to the editor, and op-eds
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have:
- An interest in current education trends on a local and national level
- High expectations and a focus on results
- Ability to work independently as a highly-organized self‐starter
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Enthusiasm to learn new things and take on new challenges
As soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Kasia Kalata: email@example.com.Apply for the position