- Location : Perspectives Charter Schools
- Position title : Data Systems and Donor Relations Coordinator
- Contact : Jasmine Hawkins
- Phone : 312-604-2107
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.pcsedu.org/
About Perspectives Charter Schools
All Perspectives Charter Schools will provide scholars with a rigorous and relevant education, based on the ethical principles of A Disciplined Life®, preparing them for life in a changing world and helping them further become intellectually reflective, caring and ethical people engaged in a meaningful life.
All of Perspectives Charter Schools achieved Level 1 or 2+ this year. As one of the first charter schools in Illinois, Perspectives has a long record of preparing scholars for success in college and beyond. Our five schools across the South Side of Chicago offer an education that combines character development and academic rigor through the A Disciplined Life® education model.
Our scholars come from some of the most disadvantaged neighborhoods in the country, but they graduate from high school, enroll in college, and persist in college at a rate above the national average. The keys to our success are our dedicated, hard-working, creative, and compassionate teachers.
Perspectives Charter Schools is seeking a Data Systems and Donor Relations Coordinator to support the External Affairs (EA) department. The Data Systems and Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for the administration and management of Perspectives Little Green Light (LGL) database as well as the review, maintenance, and reporting of system information. Responsibilities include but not limited to: gift entry, receipt and acknowledgments; the review and maintenance of biographical data; maintenance of donor records and stewardship requirements; and research and information analysis. Additional responsibilities include overseeing the care and maintenance of the donor files (both electronic and paper), the Annual Report lists, and Donor Boards. The Data Systems and Donor Relations Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Development.
• Working with the Senior Director of Development, oversee administration and management of Perspectives’ database and electronic and paper files.
• Responsible for gift processing, reporting and management of the pledge reminder system.
• Collaborate with Finance department to develop and implement a process for monthly reconciliation of gift data, establishment of new accounts, review of endowments and provision of information for the annual audit.
• Regularly review data management and integrity. Document and initiate changes to improve, simplify and standardize database processes.
• Create and document business rules, guidelines and confidentiality standards and train staff in use of information, record creation, maintenance and retention, and gift processing.
• Develop regular routines to update quality of records and information.
• Work with other Perspectives departments to ensure up-to-date constituent information.
• Collaborate and establish efficient processes with the Director of College Completion and the Director of Student Enrollment on capturing the data for incoming student families and graduating students for LGL. This includes contact information and their selected college, trade school, and/or job.
• Working in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development, create gift and other management reports to monitor fundraising activity.
• Develop information and criteria for lists, letters, invitations, and reports.
• Conduct basic prospect research to update existing donor records and prospect profiles.
• Serve as primary liaison to IT staff and software vendor on tasks such as troubleshooting application problems and assisting with necessary product upgrades of Little Green Light.
• Keep abreast of the latest fundraising trends and high-capacity, influential leaders in the business, civic, and educational communities in Chicago and across the country.
• Manage gift receipting and acknowledgement system. Prepare all gift receipts for individuals, corporations, and foundations and draft personal thank you letters for Perspectives’ Chief Executive Officer and other key staff.
• Prepare donor list for Annual Report and donor board lists and manage integrity of data.
• Work with EA colleagues to update Perspectives’ Online Giving Form and other pages on the website related to making a gift to Perspectives.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Exhibits a strong commitment to the ethos of Perspectives Charter Schools by thriving to live by the 26 principles of A Disciplined Life®
• Holds deep belief that all students in Chicago deserve an education where social emotional learning and high academic expectations are delivered with excellence
• Bachelor’s degree required, supplemented with three to five years of related experience.
• Expert knowledge and application of database management, LGL preferred.
• Displays superior written and oral communications skills in working with technical and non-technical users, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships among all levels of the organization.
• Ability to translate complex information into simple, effective reports that capture key data points – understanding the data needs of users.
• Functions collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer oriented team, and demonstrates a willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done.
• Maintain a high degree of donor satisfaction through timely acknowledgements and effective dealings with Perspectives external constituency.
• Basic prospect research experience required.
• Extremely detail-orientated, with superior follow-through.
• Maintains confidentiality, displays discretion, honesty and integrity.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Perspectives offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full-time employees, including health insurance, dental, vision, paid time off including holidays, short and long term disability, paid life insurance, 403B, and the Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund.
Perspectives Charter Schools works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, income, marital status, or any other dimension of diversity. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.