This position serves as the primary school leader in the building. We are specifically looking for individuals with a track record of success working with students in grades K-8. This position will supervise, manage, and evaluate instructors. This position will also support the Dean of School Culture in developing strong classroom and school culture.
This is a year-round position.
Who are we looking for?
Galapagos is looking for driven educators who truly believe in the ability of all children to succeed at the highest levels. Our staff works incredibly hard to deliver rigorous, individualized, data-driven and explicit instruction to our scholars.
Our leaders spend a significant amount of time observing classrooms, providing feedback, and evaluating the instructional program. We are looking for people who value growth, not perfection- but are always striving to be the absolute best.
Create and ensure a culture in which academic achievement is the overarching goal
Observe, evaluate, and provide feedback to instructional staff
Oversee the implementation of approved curriculum and aligned assessments
Act as the primary school leader in the building
Analyze data in order to drive school wide improvement
• Drive to stay focused on scholar achievement and growth even when it is difficult
• Grit to be solution-focused and keep going until the desired results are achieved
• Growth mindset to see failures and setbacks as challenges to learn from and overcome
• Experience with directly supervising and managing adults
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• A minimum of five years experience in education, preferably in an urban, charter environment
• Experience creating and delivering professional development tailored to specific identified needs
• Experience coaching instructors in the areas of instruction & classroom management with the end result being increased student achievement
• Ability to analyze and discern information from data in order to develop effective strategies
• Demonstrated success in the areas of ELA or Mathematics based on achievement & improvement in standardized test scores
• Strong MS Office skills
• Belief in and alignment with Galapagos’ core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.