Role and Responsibility of Job: creating a classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each pupil’s ability; and to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach content and skills in subject area utilizing curriculum designated by Jackson Charter School and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Jackson Charter School.
3. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the Jackson’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with CCSS standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
4. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
5. Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the CCSS standards.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
7. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
8. Communicates regularly with parents or guardians through conferences and other means to discuss student progress.
9. Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
10. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
11. Administers assessments in accordance with Jackson Charter School assessment practices.
12. Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Jackson Charter School, state, and all applicable laws and regulations
13. Ensure adequate supervision of students and the classroom environment to assure the health, welfare, and safety of all students
14. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protest equipment, materials, and school property
15. Remain in classroom and monitor students at all times
16. Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the Jackson supervisor and school personnel immediately
17. Supervises and monitors student movement and escorts students to resources, bathrooms, buses, cafeteria, room changes and other activities in the building.
18. Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
19. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
20. Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school.
21. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
22. Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from leadership and/or instructional coaches.
23. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc: Illinois teaching certification.