ASPIRA’s Substitute Teacher shall be responsible for the ongoing education and support of students while permanent teaching personnel is absent or unavailable to teach their scheduled class. The incumbent shall report to the school principal and will collaborate with teachers to ensure full delivery of educational expectations.
– Follows existing lesson plans to provide instruction to assigned students
– Responsible for establishing positive learning expectation standards for Aspira students
– Apply contemporary principles of learning theory and teaching methodology and draw from the range of instructional materials available
– Establishes and maintains reasonable rules of conduct within the classroom and on school grounds, including, but not limited to, playgrounds, corridors, and lunchrooms
– Maintains accurate attendance records and seating charts
– Encourages student growth in self-discipline and positive self-concept; ensures fairness in teacher-pupil relationships and exhibits an understanding and respect for students
– May coordinate and attend class field trips; may work in extracurricular and after-school activities
– Utilizes appropriate resources available in the school
– Maintains adherence to Covid-19 safety protocols
– Additional duties as assigned by supervisors
Substitute teacher candidates are required to provide proof of either a Professional Educator License or Substitute Teaching License issued by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). Short-Term Substitute Licenses are currently acceptable.
Job Type: Full-time