DESCRIPTION of POSITION:
The counselor is directly responsible to the Building Principal. The Counselor shall assist students, teachers, and parents by providing educational experiences which may become personally productive. Illinois State Professional Educator License is Required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Counsel with individual students.
2. Conduct group counseling sessions with students having similar problems.
3. Work closely with the classroom teachers by visiting with them regularly.
4. Case management for IEP and 504 Plan students and direct minutes of services.
5. Organize and serve on school guidance committees.
6. Serves as a resource person for the teaching staff.
7. Maintain ethics and confidentiality for students/ families.
8. Organize and maintain systematic file for student records.
9. Be familiar with local social agencies, and when necessary make student referrals.
10. Participate in culture/ climate best practices. Represent those initiatives.
11. Partner with assessments.
12. Partner with outside community agencies and linkages for our students.
Application Procedure: Applicants should apply online and upload a letter of application with resume, and three (3) Email and Telephone References to the Attention of: Cheryl Kalkirtz, Director of Specialized Services. Email: email@example.com 773-406-0690 www.urbanprep.org
Accountable to: Principal, Assistant Principal, Director of Specialized Services