Great Lakes Academy is a top performing elementary charter school that opened in 2014 on the south side of Chicago. For the 2019-2020 academic year we will be serving students in grades K-6 and will continue to add a grade level annually to reach K-8. We are seeking a high capacity, creative and fiercely positive Human Capital Manager.
The Great Lakes Academy Human Capital Manager maintains robust staff retention and drives high quality staff recruitment to support our school’s high standards and outstanding student achievement.
1. The school is fully staffed in all job roles
2. Supports 80% annual retention of staff
3. Maintain high student performance and student outcomes by recruiting and hiring top quality teaching and instructional leadership candidates
4. Create HR policies, benefits, evaluation system and feedback processes that support staff at the highest level and maintain job satisfaction.
1. Design and execute a talent recruitment plan that supports Great Lakes Academy’s commitment to be a diverse and inclusive organization and supports high levels of staff expectations.
2. Designs and manages recruitment process from start to finish: from sourcing candidates, cultivating prospects, growing school profile nationally, converting prospects to applicants, presenting applicants to managers to hiring and onboarding new staff.
3. Post jobs and proactively contact job prospect pipelines to continually cultivate highest quality candidates
4. Coordinate interviews, including scheduling and preparation of all required materials from written applications to video interviews to in-person interviews.
5. Increase effectiveness of recruiting programs and initiatives by developing metrics and leveraging data
6. Establish and cultivate relationships with strategic recruitment partners and represent GLA at key networking and/or recruiting events
7. Utilize tools to develop a strong candidate tracking process for existing and future candidates
8. Develop and coordinate local and national marketing strategy for the school’s hiring efforts
1. Strong communication and relationship building skills
2. Ability to build and manage the external image of a school, locally and nationally.
3. Ability to clearly articulate school vision & mission and sell school to candidates
4. Ability to set clear goals, outline and detail a project plan and execute against
5. Ability to accept and implement feedback
6. Ability to connect with diverse groups of people & recruit diverse groups of people outside of direct personal experience
7. Self-starter, ability to independently seek out policies, systems, and strategies for school
8. Ability to build new partnerships and opportunities for the school
9. Flexible, dynamic, organized, and able to move quickly from task to task calmly and with strong positive energy
10. Creative thinker, considering various opportunities and external best practices to create and cultivate connections between the school and the local and national education community
1. Bachelor’s degree is required
2. Experience in an educational environment a plus
3. Previous experience in hiring and HR functions required
4. Belief in, and commitment to, the Great Lakes Academy school mission and vision is non-negotiable
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic.
Go to www.glachicago.org and complete an application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.