ReGeneration Schools is a nonprofit school management organization that revitalize schools through a college prep and character mission. We manage three K-8 campuses of Chicago International Charter School on the south-side of Chicago – CICS Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park – and are opening our first Cincinnati school in fall 2019. ReGeneration currently serves over 1,600 low-income students, with 93% identifying as African-American.
We are seeking a high-energy, detailed-oriented, and people-driven Human Resources Manager who will execute with excellence on our staff operations priorities – allowing school leaders and teachers to focus where it is most needed – on the scholars. The Human Resources Manager provides HR support to 190+ staff members across 7 schools and the Home Office. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Manager will support and drive organization-wide efforts to deliver a top-notch employee experience.
To apply, go to http://www.regenerationschools.org/careers.
• Creating, improving and executing processes across key HR workstreams such as: on-boarding/off-boarding, personnel records, payroll, reporting requirements, labor laws, benefits, policy updates, and more.
• Managing HR Information System (currently InfinityHR) and other HR technology, and collaborate with other teams to ensure delivery of key people data for organizational needs.
• Managing the collection and analysis of key employee data across the organization and leveraging it to help drive the work forward in the right direction.
• Building a plan and timeline on which to periodically reevaluate key policies, plans and HR costs to ensure that we regularly reevaluate.
• Implement plans to scale HR operations for a growing, multi-site organization.
Benefits & Leave Administration
• Administering ReGeneration’s health benefits to all staff.
• Managing broker resources, benefit renewals, and open-enrollment for the medical, dental, and vision programs for all networks.
• Managing leave administration to ensure process and information is consistent, thoughtful and streamlined.
• Communicating with executive leadership about potential benefit changes.
HR Policies & Compliance
• Staying abreast of changes to local/state/federal laws that could impact personnel policies.
• Working closely with leadership to propose and recommend any necessary policy changes in light of new laws and organizational needs.
• Building systems and processes that put our people first and which ensure that all staff interactions with HR are positive and helpful.
• Providing support to managers across the organization on personnel matters.
• Building the proactive systems and supports, including trainings, to ensure leaders and managers engage successfully in personnel matters, including working with external counsel when necessary.
• Ensuring prompt and thoughtful communication with all staff.
• Being a relentless advocate for our staff.
• Experience scaling operations and/or providing HR support to multi-site organizations.
• Belief in and commitment to the mission and values of ReGeneration Schools.
• Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback.
• Ferocious work ethic and sense of urgency.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to project manage.
• Process-oriented and driven.
• Strong client focus and an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
• Knowledge of employment law in Illinois and Ohio.
• Knowledge of benefit plans’ structure/requirements and insurance claims management.
• Outstanding judgment, sensitivity and high discretion.
• Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Travel to our campuses on the South Side of Chicago and Cincinnati; willingness to participate in night and weekend commitments as necessary to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Human Resources plus SHRM certified preferred.
• 3-5 years of HR-related experience
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Full-time employees receive a benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance, and a generous vacation policy that includes many of the school holidays (Thanksgiving, Winter Holiday, and Spring Break).
ReGeneration is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.