Great Lakes Academy is a new, innovative charter school that currently serves grades K-5, and will be adding one grade per year until it is a full K-8 school. We are currently seeking a high capacity, energetic, highly organized, detail oriented, and fun loving individual to serve as our Great Lakes Academy Intern.
The Great Lakes Academy Intern is a one year, part-time position that is responsible for assisting the Operations and Leadership Team in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of a school. The GLA Intern is charged with ensuring that all of the small details of running a school are attended to. The position is an opportunity to learn about all aspects of a growing charter school and to develop personally and professionally while contributing to the success of a game-changing educational opportunity for students on the Southeast side of Chicago.
1. Consistent assistance to the Director of Finance and Operations and Operations Team in all aspects of running a school
2. High quality, detail-oriented and timely project completion
1. Assist in the Front Office with all aspects of parent communication as well as recruitment and student enrollment
2. Assist the Operations Manager in the upkeep and execution of operational systems and procedures
1. Highly organized, detail oriented, and punctual
2. Able to learn quickly and take on increased responsibilities over time
3. Strong computer skills including Excel and Word and Google Docs
4. Able to think on your feet and problem solve in the moment
5. Flexible and able to handle a diversity of tasks and responsibilities
6. Strong work ethic and willingness to dig in wherever needed
1. Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program is required.
2. Bilingual Spanish ability (written and spoken) is a plus.
3. Belief in and alignment with GLA’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
Go to www.glachicago.org and click on join us.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.