- Location : Chicago Virtual Charter School
- Position title : LEARNING COACH DIRECTOR
- Contact : Dr. Cheryl Pruitt
- Email : email@example.com
The Learning Coach Director will train parents and provide information in order to encourage and support communication with parents/families and the school through;
Essential Functions and Performance Responsibilities:
• Serve as a liaison between the school/s and the parent/families of the school.
• Plan and execute meetings with parents of students
• Attend monthly meetings and in-service training with the Principals and Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications
• Deliver training to the parent community.
• Attend school and community meetings.
• Coordinate parent-led workshops to build community amongst families
• Facilitate the development of the PTO
• Make personal contact with parents to encourage parental engagement.
• Provide information to parents/families in order to improve home-school communication.
• Work with the Director of Strategic Marketing & Communications to prepare progress reports and to disseminate information to parents, district staff and the community.
• Work with principals to investigate complaints from parents/families.
• Assist with registration and enrollment.
• Attend local, regional and state-wide meetings for parent liaisons and/or for parent involvement learning.
• Prepare semi-annual reports on activities.
• Perform related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with parents, schools, community members and district office personnel.
• Know the community and/or have skills to get to know the community quickly and to have working relationships with members of the community across multiple sectors
• Like people and have strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Be detailed, organized, and timeline in completion of work
• Manage time effectively with little supervision
• Pick up new things easily; flexibility is a must.
• Be a good listener.
• Know how to encourage, lead, and facilitate a group toward a shared goal.
• Be a good problem solver and team player
• Provide mentoring to support the development of new parent leaders
• Be able to resolve conflict effectively
• Excellent skills in speaking, writing, and presentation of information.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have at least two years of college with an AA degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• At least three years of working with parents/families and community members.
LICENSE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Any other additional experience and/or licenses, i.e., social work, counseling will be viewed as value-added to the position.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
• 30-35 hours per week
• Grant funded position
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the Board’s Policy
The Chicago Virtual Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.