The Woodlawn Campus of the University of Chicago Charter School (UCW) opened in September 2006. It has a three-part mission: 1) to assist students in developing the habits of mind, work, and heart to be successful in college and good citizens of their community; 2) to contribute to the community through student research, service, and leadership; and 3) to improve teaching and learning by serving as a site of professional development for teachers and school leaders. Woodlawn Middle School educates students in grades 6-8th.
Full-time salaried teaching position responsible for preparing students, regardless of tested ability, for success in college; analyzing and using formative assessment data to improve instruction, designing curriculum and assessments using the learning standards of the University of Chicago Charter School, participating in professional development activities; and enabling students to contribute to the community through the creation of new knowledge.
– Excellent teacher with proven experience enabling students to meet high expectations
– Reflective and receptive to providing and receiving professional feedback and coaching
– Collaborative, collegial, goal-oriented, mission-driven, accountable, responsible, self-managed, and self-motivated
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience Required:
– Bachelor’s degree with LBS I certification
– Proven commitment to curriculum and assessment planning and professional development
UCCS recruits, hires, compensates, promotes and otherwise manages employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any and all other factors protected by law. This policy includes UCCS’s commitment to maintain a workplace free from sexual or other unlawful harassment or discrimination of any nature.