Great Lakes Academy is a high-achieving, independent K-8 Charter School founded in 2014 serving the communities of South Shore and South Chicago. GLA’s mission is to prepare every student with the fundamental academic skills, critical thinking ability, and strength of character to excel in high school, college, and a career of their choice.
At GLA, every decision is based upon how to best support our students as they grow. We believe that education empowers people to take control of their own destinies and to change the world. We are looking for a high energy, detailed-oriented Operations Coordinator for the 2019-20 school year.
The Operations Coordinator (OOC) directly supports the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) in managing facilities and the operational domain of the school. The OOC is responsible for the day to day facility maintenance and cleanliness & daily school-wide operation systems. The OOC directly manages the Operations Associates and supports the CAO in leading the operations team on a daily basis.
1. Clear communication with outside vendors and serving as a daily point of contact from facility contractors and food services to healthcare and afterschool
2. The facilities are clean, well-organized, well-maintained and welcoming and score consistently above a “3” on walkthroughs.
3. Daily school systems consistently support teachers, students and families
4. The school’s daily operations, from entry to dismissal, are organized and systematized
1. Establishing and monitoring vendor and contractor relationships that involve food, technology, and maintenance services
2. Coordinating facility operations and systems, and consistently improving those systems through daily oversight
3. Coordinating operational support of the school’s instructional team
4. Coordinating and supporting the coaching of operations team members on a daily basis
5. Coordinating volunteers including parents and outside groups
6. Coordinating the operational needs of after school programming
7. Coordinating with the IT Manager to ensure school technology is inventoried, well-maintained and functioning to support all staff and students, daily
8. Supporting the operational side for coordination of school culture events, including assemblies, P-T conferences, field trips, etc.
1. Detail oriented
2. Highly organized and efficient
3. Strong communicator and collaborator
4. Able to coordinate multiple moving parts, and multiple tasks, on a daily basis.
5. Emotional constant and calm in stressful, multi-tasking moments
6. Experience with project management
7. Experience managing others and working on a close-knit team
8. Able to problem solve and think creatively about establishing systems and structures for an ever-growing school
9. Self-directed and flexible; able to self-learn and self-direct and thrive in a start-up environment
10. Able to coordinate multiple priorities and multiple tasks on a daily basis
11. Able to work across teams and skillsets to support to operational and instructional staff
1. Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. Minimum of two years experience working in a similar capacity at a school with demonstrated track record of success; and
3. Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
Go to www.glachicago.org and click on Join Us.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.