- Location : Great Lakes Academy
- Position title : Paraprofessional
- Contact : Katherine Cherry
- Website : www.glachicago.org
Great Lakes Academy Paraprofessional
Great Lakes Academy is a K-8 charter school that opened in 2014. For the 2018-2019 academic year we will be serving students in grades K-5 and will continue to add a grade level annually to reach K-8. We are seeking high capacity, fiercely positive, growth oriented Paraprofessional for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Paraprofessional is responsible for working with classroom instructors and staff to offer targeted teaching and supports to students with special needs, as well as general support for all students in the classroom and on campus grounds. The Paraprofessional will work with the Great Lakes Academy Behavior Team to ensure that both assigned students and all classroom students are working toward their academic and goals.
1. A history of personal achievement
2. Valid Illinois Paraprofessional Educator License with Stipulations required
3. Experience working with students in an urban school setting preferred
4. Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
Email your resume and cover letter to Katherine Cherry at email@example.com and go to the career page at www.glachicago.org and apply!
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law