School/Student Physical and Social Initiative provides critical support and leadership in developing advocacy, policy approaches and guidance to enhance Chicago Virtual Charter Schools’ commitment to student health, wellness and socialization.
• Collaborate with the Administrative staff to provide professional development opportunities for teachers and learning coaches.
• Manage student health, wellness and socialization activity program including providing support to teachers, technical assistance and professional development.
• Establish sustainable relationships and collaborate with community stakeholders and potential partners.
• Provide outreach, guidance and technical support to the school in achieving student health, wellness and socialization policies.
• Manage grants (budget and deliverables) as assigned.
• Research and document policy, best practices, and guidance on physical activity, socialization, health education and wellness.
• Prepare background documents, fact sheets, and other communication materials related to the CVCS Student Health, Wellness and Socialization initiative.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with organizations providing health, wellness and socialization services in the community.
• Ability to form teams and relationships with other schools for athletic possibilities for CVCS students.
• Develop and facilitate After-School/Extra-Curricular activities for students
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree (preferably in public health, education, or public administration) or 10+ years of experience in the area of physical, health and social.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve – month contract (240 days)
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the Board’s Policy
The Chicago Virtual Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.