Alain Locke Charter School is currently looking for a full-time physical educator instructor for our PreK-8th grade school. Immediate opening. The ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record of success utilizing a variety of instructional strategies that deepens students’ understanding of health, wellness, and physical education.
The following list of job requirements describes the general level of work being performed by staff members assigned to this job and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
• Create a positive educational climate that is conducive to learning
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
• Facilitate activities that allow students to engage in sports, health, and wellness activities
• Communicate with parents/ guardians when appropriate
• Contribute to the accomplishment of school and classroom goals
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent
• Possession of valid teaching certification with appropriate endorsements