Chicago Tech Academy High School (ChiTech) is an educational community whose mission is to educate, empower and connect a diverse next generation of entrepreneurial thinkers to discover their passions, succeed in college and thrive in a digital world. We believe in utilizing project- based learning to encourage a deeper, connected form of evidence based education. Our teachers support students as they become leaders and life-long learners, through partnerships with the Chicago tech community and by fostering critical thinking and intellectual curiosity in the classroom.
The ChiTech team is searching for creative individuals that are excited to be a part of something different, something special. If you are interested in creating a collaborative learning environment, becoming a learning designer who is focused on supporting students in the way that they learn best, then please apply to join our learning community. students success.
ChiTech’s Core Values:
• Equity: We have an unwavering belief in everyone’s potential
• Collaboration: We are stronger when we work together
• Authenticity: Deeper learning happens both inside and outside the classroom.
• Growth Mindset: Hard work and dedication leads to continuous learning.
The role of the Chicago Tech Academy Teacher is to provide a rigorous and comprehensive academic learning experience for students. The ChiTech teacher develops and executes engaging lessons for students through the combination of traditional best practices and project-based learning. Incorporating real-world application and purpose into every lesson is the ultimate goal for the ChiTech teacher. The ChiTech teachers is also resourceful and determined to provide the best education experience possible for their students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build a strong trusting relationships with all students throughout the ChiTech Community
• Demonstrate a sensitivity to and respect for a diverse student and teacher population (ethnicity, gender, culture, “ability,” etc.)
• Collaborate with colleagues on project design and curriculum mapping
• Creativity with the use of instructional resources (Open Source, Research Based, Digital Programs)
• Willingness to receive coaching through a dedicated feedback cycle
• Implement restorative practices within the classroom, and larger school environment
• Participate in professional development provided both in, and beyond the school walls
• Personalize instruction to meet varied student needs
• Communicate with students, as well as parents/guardians on a regular basis about progress toward goals
• Strive to be the best educational professional they can be.
• Demonstrate passion for and commitment to your personal educational mission, and the mission and success of Chicago Tech Academy
• Hold a solution oriented outlook
• Candidates must have an Illinois teaching credential and relevant subject endorsement.
• Familiarity with project-based learning and utilizing available instructional technology in a physical education setting.