The Physical Education Teacher is an integral part of the teaching staff at Namaste Charter School. Our ideal candidate will possess the desire to contribute to a dynamic team in the promotion of lifelong fitness, wellness, and overall enjoyment of being physically active. They will be adept at teaching in a manner that fosters skill development, refinement, and mastery while understanding and meeting the needs of a variety of learning styles.
– Create and implement a comprehensive and innovative K-8th Physical Education/Wellness program
– Organize and manage a positive classroom grounded in a belief that all learning begins with attending to children’s developmental, social, and emotional needs
– Monitor, model and correct student participation and behavior during PE class
– Will be a resource for classroom and non-classroom teachers on facilitating activity breaks, integrating movement into instruction and teaching health and wellness content
– Advocate for and be a leader in promoting wellness and physical activity before school, during school and after school
– Analyze fitness data for instructional planning and school wide program evaluation based on charter promises
– Use a variety of instructional materials, resources and experiences to enhance instruction i.e, visual aids, bulletin boards, iPad/ipod apps, study guides, posters, etc.
– Have the physical ability to actively teach Physical Education for up to six hours per day
Bachelor’s Degree (required)
llinois PE Teacher Certification (required)
Spanish fluency and literacy (preferred)
3+ years of experience (preferred)
Salary and benefits:
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience