Alain Locke Charter is currently looking for a temporary instructor for our preschool program to cover a long term leave. The Preschool Instructor at Alain Locke is responsible for providing supervision and guidance to preschool age children (4-year old class, full day) implement learning activities that meet the social, emotional and intellectual needs of children as well as conduct assessments and parent conferences.
The following list of job requirements describes the general level of work being performed by staff members assigned to this job and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
• Create a positive educational climate that is conducive to learning
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
• Create lesson plans that integrate learning objectives
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that maximize learning opportunities
• Utilize curriculum resources and assessments
• Plan and execute whole/small group instruction
• Communicate with parents/ guardians when appropriate
• Contribute to the accomplishment of school and classroom goals
• Coordinate class field trips
• Participate in activities to ensure a positive school culture
• Follow and enforce school policies
• Candidate must have a Type 04 (Early Childhood) certification