Reading Interventionist / Intervencionista de Lectura
Please apply for this posting via Indeed.
Reports to Principal
Full time- 7:30-3:30pm
*Majority of work is performed in a general school environment. Position requires availability for
extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation
and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
Erie Elementary Charter School fosters the habits of heart, mind and work. We build Spanish
proficiency and open doors to multicultural competence. Our responsive environment and
engaging curriculum empower, educate and elevate students to confidently enter a path of higher
education and participate in a diverse global society.
Erie is built on the strong foundation of the nationally accredited program at Erie Neighborhood
House, a progressive social service agency in Chicago’s West Town community. Located in Chicago’s
Humboldt Park neighborhood, Erie opened in September 2005 serving 80 students in kindergarten
and first grade. Currently the school has 415 students, grades Kindergarten through eighth.
● Internalize and live Erie’s mission and vision to students, families, and community members
● Promote and model the Habits of Heart, Mind, and Work
● Promoting and modeling an environment of equity, diversity and inclusion
● Use and model positively framed language, aligned with Responsive Classroom
School Culture & Climate
Supports Principal and Assistant Principal
● Promoting the vision and mission of the school and enlisting others to uphold this vision
● Managing the day-to-day school operations, especially related to curriculum and instruction
● Supervising students at activities, assemblies, social, and athletic events, as needed
● Supporting and promoting Erie’s school-wide approaches including Responsive Classroom,
Trauma-Informed practices, and restorative practices
● Assessing and supporting all instructional programs
● Embodying and modeling professionalism, empathy, and student-centered problem
● Provides intervention support using programs and resources such as American Reading
Company, ENIL/IRLA, ILL, Cancionero, Fundations, Wilson, Heggerty, ect.
● Collaborates with classroom teachers to plan for and implement data driven T2 literacy
interventions using SMART goals.
● Monitors the fidelity of implementation and progress monitoring of T2 literacy interventions
● Guides the analysis of the T2 progress monitoring data with the classroom teacher and with
the MTSS team in order to decide on the next steps or the next layers of support.
● Designs and delivers data-driven T3 literacy interventions using SMART goals.
● Progress monitors the interventions and presents progress monitoring data to the
classroom teacher and MTSS team in order to make a collective decision about the next
steps and further interventions and supports
● Holds critical school-wide literacy data including T2 and T3 student intervention data.
Building Positive School Culture & Classroom Environment
● Continually communicate and live the school’s mission and vision
● Promote and model an environment of equity and diversity
● Acknowledge each student’s cultural and linguistic experience as an asset for the child’s own
development and that of the other students
● Demonstrate strong and effective classroom management rooted in Responsive Classroom
and Trauma-Informed practices
● Communicate high academic and behavior standards through words and actions
● Demonstrate collegial behavior and make positive contributions to the school community
Partnering with Students and Families
● Work collaboratively with parents on a regular basis to reinforce skills and provide tools,
resources, and feedback to help their child grow academically and social-emotionally.
● Attend occasional after-school or weekend events such as celebrations and performances
● Participate in committees and initiatives that advance student learning and Erie’s Mission
● Initiate and pursue professional development opportunities both inside and outside of the
● Remain open to constructive feedback, coaching, and continual development; including
making your practice public within the school
● Work collaboratively with all staff to uphold a strong culture of learning
● Attend all staff meetings and additional meetings as needed; including in-services, open
houses and parent conferences
● Attend weekly meeting with principal and team meetings
● Clearly and accurately communicates with administration, colleagues and larger academic
community to improve academic outcomes for all students
● Exhibits professionalism, leadership, and personal responsibility for daily work and
attendance, personal appearance, student learning and school success
● Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
● A minimum of 5 years of classroom teaching experience
● Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
● Ability to use multiple data sources to set measurable goals and strategically plan to
complete the goals
● Ability to define problems, analyze data and develop action plans as part of a continuous
● Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking and listening
● Endorsement in special education, literacy, mathematics, or science strongly preferred
● Experience with curriculum mapping, unit planning, and formative progress monitoring
● Knowledge of research-based school improvement models and strategies
● Experience and knowledge of RTI / MTSS
Erie offers a competitive benefits package. All instructional staff receive extensive professional
development and all teachers will be equipped with laptops, email, Internet access, and all
necessary instructional supplies.
ERIE ELEMENTARY CHARTER SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
1405 N. Washtenaw Ave Chicago, IL 60622 773-486-7161 www.eriecharterschool.org