Youth Connection Charter School advocates, develops and provides world-class education to students at-risk and high school dropouts in collaboration with the alternative high school community. We do this by meeting the individual needs of students through programs committed to academic excellence, human development, cultural enrichment, social equity, and the recruiting of caring and engaged professionals. We are currently seeking Science Teachers that hold a Professional Educators License with Secondary Science Endorsement. Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of YCCS curriculum and the success of its students. If you are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of these students who have been under-served and/or disconnected from traditional education please consider applying.
YCCS offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability insurance, a 403B plan and several paid holidays.
· Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator’s license with Secondary Science endorsement
· Teaching experience in a Blended Classroom
· Must have passed Basic Skills test and Subject Matter test
· Must maintain current Illinois Certification with subject area endorsement
· Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
· Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
· Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development
· Reports to the Principal