Think critically… work collaboratively… #ExperienceCEP
Civitas Education Partners (CEP) is seeking reflective and innovative teachers for the 2018-2019 school year! CEP is a school management organization that operate four campuses of Chicago International Charter School (CICS) – CICS Ralph Ellison High School, CICS Northtown Academy High School, CICS Wrightwood Elementary School, and CICS ChicagoQuest High School. We provide our teams and students with an exceptional experience rooted in high expectations for student achievement and civic responsibility.
With one mission, 3 core values and 4 campuses, CEP is making a lasting impact on over 2,300 students in grades K-12.
Position Title: Special Education Resource Teacher
Reports to: School Director/Case Manager
Position Summary: Informed by the school’s mission of preparing students for success in school, college, workplace and life, teachers will ensure that all students learn the content and skills required for academic success as defined by curricular and instructional objectives and overarching school goals.
All CEP teachers must:
· Have strong knowledge and skills in their content area and in the art of teaching
· Have an unwavering commitment to serving others – students, families, teammates, our communities, the greater good.
· Give and receive feedback, and be open to coaching, mentoring, partnerships.
· Embody a growth mindset in both their professional and personal lives.
· Be helpful, hard working and self-motivated – always willing to go the extra mile.
· A Bachelor’s degree and appropriate Illinois State Board of Education licensure, LBS1 endorsement
· Strength of academic background, professional experience, and teaching
· Experience in urban education settings is preferred