Legacy Charter School is a high-performing public charter school holistically educating 500 scholars in pre-k through 8th grade in Chicago’s North Lawndale neighborhood. Our mission is to create an outstanding center for teaching and learning for children and their families that will recognize and
nurture the full potential of every child, provide a foundation for a college education, and educate our scholars to be creative and critical thinkers and responsible citizens in school, at home, and in the broader community.
Diverse Learner teachers provide our scholars with IEPs rigorous academic experiences that prepare them for success with grade level and above content through consistent, joyful, rigorous social-emotional and cognitive learning experiences. Teachers create well-planned lessons that are culturally relevant, data-informed, and rooted in engaging pedagogy. Our educators believe in our mission, work with their teams and colleagues, build relationships with scholars and their families, and focus deeply on work that leads to academic growth and success, as well as creating a learning environment where all scholars can thrive.
KEY LEGACY EDUCATOR BELIEFS AND QUALITIES
A successful Legacy educator demonstrates the following beliefs and has the following qualities:
Proves the Possible
● Possesses an unshakable, deeply held personal belief that all scholars deserve outstanding educational opportunities.
● Leads through Cultural Responsiveness by committing fiercely to improving outcomes for all scholars especially from underserved communities.
● Makes classroom decisions based on what is best for scholars.
● Brings collaboration and a solutions-orientation to developing positive relationships with all staff members, scholars and the broader community.
● Works relentlessly to achieve exceptional scholar outcomes, and does so by demonstrating clear intellect, setting and achieving goals, and working with grit and tenacity.
● Embraces a growth-mindset that focuses on identifying professional development goals aligned with our strategic plan.
● Operates with an exceptional level of self-awareness, humility, and integrity in all interactions.
● Builds relationships marked by trust and respect, and does so with a variety of stakeholders including peers, leaders, scholars, families, and community members.
The ideal candidate:
● plans meaningful ways to provide instruction in multiple settings (within the classroom, in small groups, 1:1), to lead their caseload in making strong growth;
● provides differentiated strategies to groups and individuals based on their needs;
● actively participates in grade-level team responsibilities, including meetings, problem-solving, data-sharing and other discussions key to supporting scholars;
● utilizes the results from student assessments to create IEP and skill acquisition goals.
● collaboratively monitors IEP, behavior, and other data to ensure academic progress.
● maintain timely and accurate reports and documentation of progress for each student, as required by the school, state, and referral districts: IEP goals and track goals, IEP reports, lesson plans, grades, etc.
● is committed to providing high quality instruction that is standards-based for scholars including planning engaging, rigorous and culturally relevant pedagogy, and using assessment to inform instruction
● develops positive and productive relationships within their classroom community and with all staff members and Legacy families, working in service of our scholars and implementing a restorative approach and a commitment to social-emotional learning
● creates a safe and productive learning environment through strong classroom routines and procedures
● respects diverse people, ideas, and perspectives
● has the capacity to excel in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment of a high-performing Chicago charter school with grace, collaboration, and a solution-orientation
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
● Current Type 10 certification or LBS 1.
● Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or equivalent.
Please apply online, Legacy Charter School Careers, where you will be directed to upload your resume.
We will then place you into our hiring process, which includes interviewing with Legacy faculty and
leadership and participating in a demonstration lesson.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Legacy Charter School is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. Legacy Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic background
Legacy Charter School