Location: Belmont and Downtown Campuses
Starting salary: $54,810, commensurate with experience (see here for more about compensation and some of the benefits offered at Intrinsic: https://intrinsicschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Intrinsic-Schools-Compensation-Benefits-July-2022.pdf)
Employee Type: Regular Full Time
Start Date: August 2023
We offer a chance to make a unique impact in urban education by creating an academic model that leverages great teaching and the precision of technology to personalize education for each student. Our goal is to prepare all students for post-secondary success as demonstrated by high quality student work, growth on assessments and “noncognitive” factors such as empathy, student independence, perseverance, and intellectual curiosity.
Our team has a unique mix of charter, private school and deep CPS experience that creates a broad range of perspectives that ultimately leads to stronger schools.
Finally, we offer a chance to be a part of an elite national peer group. We collaborate with some of the most successful and innovative schools across the country as we refine our model. Our model will be shared across the city, the state and country!
Culture at Intrinsic
We believe that a strong student culture focused on learning and mutual respect between students and adults is foundational to a strong school. Teachers at Intrinsic consistently implement a school-wide behavior system designed to create such a culture.
Our Academic Model
Our academic model is unique and creates a very different and exciting place to work. We provide diverse types of learning experiences such as Socratic seminars, small group instruction, hands-on labs and collaborative student projects. Team teaching is core to our model. All math, ELA and Spanish teachers teach in teams where they plan together and work with students in larger spaces. Teachers in other subjects are expected to plan collaboratively and often co-teach to support our special education and ESL students. We use technology to personalize learning and to help students make deeper connections to content. As a result of this structure, teachers are able to better assess and meet individual student needs.
– Implement daily lesson plans
– Demonstrate 100% commitment to preparing every student for post-secondary success
– Uphold Intrinsic student culture
– Collaborate to design and deliver on and offline instruction
– Lead an advisory that meets daily
– Review student level data to inform instruction and student groupings (SAT aligned interim assessments, data from online programs and teacher-created content assessments)
– Seek to improve practice through data analysis, observation, feedback and video
– Support student learning outside the classroom (facilitate clubs, after-school tutoring, office hours, etc)
– Contribute to the overall Intrinsic Team by supporting colleagues, participating in school-wide events and seeking ways to improve the school
– Certified to teach in Illinois or currently enrolled in an alternative certification program
– Track record driving student outcomes or a history of achievement with students of a similar population
– Experienced using technology in the classroom or early adopter of technology in personal life or other areas
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intrinsic Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intrinsic Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Intrinsic Schools has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making an application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.