Accountability & Assessments
The Illinois Charter School Law frees charter schools from many regulations in order to encourage the development and use of “new, different or alternative” teaching methods, forms of measuring pupil learning and achievement, and educational visions and goals. In exchange, charter schools are held accountable to the Common Core State Standards through state mandated assessments.
Illinois State Assessments
- Overview of Illinois Assessments: The top 10 things teachers need to know about the new Illinois assessments
- Illinois State Assessments: List of assessments required for all eligible students and links for more information for each assessment
- PARCC Testing Times: Published by the Illinois State Board of Education
- PARCC Testing Windows 2014-2015: Published by the Illinois State Board of Education
Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Manuals and Training Modules: Resources for test administrators and test coordinators
- PARCC Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual: Provides guidance on how to administer PARCC assessments for Students with Disabilities and English Language Learners as well as accessibility features available for all students.
- What is PARCC?: PARCC explainer video
School Quality Ratings Policy (SQRP)
- INCS Data FAQ*: Overview of charter school data on school openings, enrollment, demographics, teachers and academic performance in Illinois charter schools.