Working with the press and using social media are great ways to engage the community and tell your story.
Illinois Statewide Survey: Public Education & Charter Public Schools*: Public Opinion Strategies recently released a new statewide poll of 600 Illinois registered voters. The results show overwhelming bipartisan support for school choice and charter schools across all demographics and regions, including parents and non-parents.
Some key results:
- Parents and voters negatively view the direction of public schools.
- There is strong bipartisan support across the state with 75% of Illinois voters who believe in giving parents more choices in where they can send their children to school. That number increases when only looking at parents polled.
- Illinois voters view charter public schools favorably. There is strong bipartisan support from all demographics across the state.
- Nearly 80% of Illinois voters support giving parents in low-performing schools an option of attending charter schools.
- Voters across the state strongly support making it easier for charter public schools to open. Nearly 70% of Illinois voters support making it easier for charter public schools to expand to their community.
INCS Media List*: This is a list of contacts for print, broadcast and radio news outlets. Feel free to reach out to them directly. Have questions on which outlet is best for your story? Contact INCS External Affairs Team.
Share Your Story*: Are you ready to share your charter story? INCS can help you share your story through multiple outlets; INCS website, social media, news outlets, and E-mail distributions. Check out the examples of the stories schools are sharing and send INCS External Affairs Team your stories!
Social Media*: INCS social media guide has basic instructions on how to use Facebook and Twitter and sample tweets.