The INCS Parent Leadership Network was created to organize, mobilize and train charter school parents from across the city and state with the purpose of developing leaders, spokespersons and advocates for the charter school movement in the state of Illinois.
We accomplish this by partnering with our INCS membership schools to develop a strategy around ramping up parent engagement that activates parents to meaningful parent actions in their local charter school and with INCS. We support this endeavor by facilitating a Parent Leadership Training. These trainings are designed to develop and empower charter parent leaders to take ownership in the success of high quality charter public schools by;
- Serving as a liaison between families and schools to develop a strong parent core in their charter school
- Equipping parents with advocacy skills to promote meaningful parent involvement in their schools and with INCS
- Educating parents on the significance and power of sharing their school choice school story
- Equipping charter parents with the right information about charter schools so that they can have thoughtful conversations with their friends, family and community as an advocate for charter schools
- Connecting parents and decision makers to engage in meaningful conversations and contacts to influence their support of high quality charter schools in the state of Illinois.
Connect with Parent Leadership Network
Connect with the Parent Leadership Network and stay up-to-date on our parents’ advocacy efforts.