All students in Illinois have access to a high quality public school that prepares them for a successful future.
The Illinois Network of Charter Schools (INCS) advocates for the improvement of public education by leveraging the charter school model as a catalyst to transform lives and communities. INCS works to ensure that charter public schools have adequate and equitable resources, the autonomy to find innovative approaches to meet student needs, and a fair and transparent policy landscape that allows high-quality options to thrive. As the voice of Illinois charter schools, INCS engages a diverse coalition of policymakers, school leaders, parents, and community members to create systemic change and secure high-quality schools for undeserved communities.
INCS Core Values
Everything we do is aligned to improving the quality of public education in Illinois.
- We set intentional goals and work with discipline toward them.
- We adjust course when necessary, we are nimble and flexible.
- We innovate by taking bold, calculated risks.
- We work with urgency.
- We grapple with challenges.
We produce at the highest levels.
- We take personal responsibility for results.
- We deliver on commitments.
- We hold each other accountable for best work.
- We strive to make the INCS brand synonymous with excellence.
- We seek creative solutions.
We seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- We reflect on areas of professional growth.
- We develop self-awareness as leaders.
- We invest in our team members.
- We ask for guidance.
- We celebrate individual and collective “wins.”
We support our colleagues and create an environment of honesty, humility, balance, and fun.
- We embrace diversity of people, talents, and strategies.
- We treat others with respect.
- We assume the best intentions of each other.
- We actively seek ways to support each other in our work.
- We communicate clearly and proactively to address conflicts.