Latino Youth High School (LYHS) is seeking a math teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
Our level 1 charter school offers Chicago area students a second chance to obtain their high school diploma. We incorporate a student-centered approach that emphasizes individualized instruction coupled with various social-emotional supports such as on-site counseling, mentoring, and leadership development. LYHS provides a safe and respectful environment for young people who have not found success in larger, more traditional schools.
Overview: Latino Youth High School (LYHS) seeks a rock star math teacher to join our team of educators. Must hold an active Illinois professional educators license (PEL) with an endorsement in Mathematics (9-12) and the belief that ALL students can learn!
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Create engaging lessons to implement Common Core State Standards
• Provide appropriate modifications and accommodations to meet the needs of all students.
• Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and participate in staff orientation and training.
• Connect daily objectives to real-world issues in order to develop the students’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with project-based instruction, computer programming, or STEM education is a plus.
Salary: According to union salary table based upon education and experience.
Benefits: Medical/dental/vision/life insurance. 403(b) retirement fund with 4% agency match.
Contact: Please send your resume and a copy of your Illinois license to Principal Hurlburt (firstname.lastname@example.org).